Wednesday 18 July 2012

Soul Seekers:Fated by Alyson Noel


Having read the IMMORTAL and RILEY BLOOM series I'm proud to say that I'm a hue fan of Alyson Noels and was excited to her that she was going to release another series and knew that without a doubt it would knock my socks off.
Counting the days until its release was fun too because I would check out the reviews that had been posted and get even more fidgety for my copy to arrive. Lets just say when it did I made a very quick finish of my current read :)

Daire's fate was sealed from her birth and the moment she turns 16 the visions play a much bigger role in her life. She's never had a home and travels the globe with her mother, Jennika who is the make-up artist to the big blockbusters in Hollywood. Things take a drastic turn in Morocco and she lands a long drive to her grandmother whom she's never met in a last attempt to salvage what is left of her life.

I loved watching Daire grow as a person as the shoreline progressed, being this self centered person to an amazing young woman that would  give her life to save the people she loved even if it cost her a great deal. I found it amazing how she wouldn't give up when everyone else told her that it would not be possible to do what she knew deep in her heart.

We meet the 2 guys in her dreams, Dace and Cade. Its remarkable how different they in their appearance as well as their eyes which seems to play a big part for Daire. Her date is intertwined with theirs. I found theme to be one of my main draws, she describes how their eyes are so different, one absorbs the light while another reflects it. I become hypnotized eventually :)

Paloma has suffered a great deal but not because she's been selfish or that it was her destiny but because she had to carry a great burden until Daire came back into her life. Having lost my grandmother I felt a deep connection with her relationship with her granddaughter-the need to teach her as much as possible before the worst hit and seeing how they become isync with each-other had me in my own little tear bubble.
I look forward to more of their relationship in an attempt to have that relationship even if now its fictional.

I'm excited for the release of ECHO in September and know that its going to come back with a bigger punch and learning more about how Dace, Daire and Cade are connected will be interesting. Here's hoping that good will prevail over evil.

Happy Reading :)
Gillian
EB.com Soul Seekers: Fated by Alyson Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...