Wednesday 14 September 2011

In Memory of Rosaline Millner

I know that this particular blog has nothing to do with a book review or author but almost a week ago I lost my grandmother to long battle of cancer and other complications but the reason I'm going to post this is because she loved to read, my grandmother had an entire room dedicated to her books but it never stopped there, the passage a wardrobe and her nightstand :)

My gran loved to read and I remember as a kid that she would always bring a new book for us to read and always a Disney edition. She would always say that a book can open a world that you never knew existed, take you around the world without ever leaving the comfort of your own home or dive headlong into the past.
When I stopped reading in about Grade 7 I was not popular, how could I give up literature? After months of trying to get me to read again she gave up and made a promise that I would have my romance rekindled with books again. I doubted it then but most definitely not now.

In 2008 with the release of TWILIGHT I fell in love. Gran was over the moon and had to know what book held my attention for that week or the 3 days it took to me to read it.
I owe part of my love for reading to her and I will never take it for granted it again.

She was the bravest woman I knew, battling cancer for 6 years, having countless treatments, needles, tests, scans and hospital stays but it never put it a dampen on her mood. Like all very ill people she had her ups and downs but it never stopped her from reading and becoming someone else for a just a couple of hours.

Granny, you will forever be in our hearts. Until we meet again, crocodile :)

REST IN PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...