Monday 26 December 2011

Abandon by Meg Cabot


When I first came across ABANDON on Meg's website it was a must for me, but as time goes by we tend to forget about certain books that we said we would get. A friend of mine asked if I had read ABANDON because she couldn't put it down, it dawned on me that I wanted to read it. I told her I hadn't but was getting in the car to grab myself a copy.
As she said I would not be disappointed and she was 100% correct.

I love how Meg retold the story of Persephone. I haven't read the classic tale to truly compare but I don't think it's really necessary (not a very good blogger of me). This is one of the first books that I've read written by Meg and I cannot believe that I waited so long.

Its amazing how sometimes during the book I got a little confused and then later in the book I lost the confusion because everything was explained to me through some twisted tale.
I kept jumping between I can trust you and then not. Seems my gut was right with a few characters and then one that I never saw coming left me with a bit of a fish mouth in the office. I remember sending my sister a message when I reached that OMG part and she just laughed and explained that she dropped the book because she thought that could not be possible.

Pierce is a bit of a strange character and sometimes I wonder about the red that she sees when she's pissed. It wasn't fully answered in ABANDON and I'm hoping to get an answer in UNDERWORLD. I guess the weirdness comes from having your life turned upside down and not being able to get back to the way things where. Sometimes that is better but I'm not sure about that when it comes to Pierce.
Its amazing how she lets herself love completely after things have been explained to her and she doesn't feel like the only crazy person the small coastal town.

Be prepared to hold tight to your book because it's pretty hard to put down and when reaching the end leaves you begging for more just know the sequel is on the way :)

Happy Reading :)

Gillian
xxx

EB.com Abandon by Meg Cabot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...