Saturday 27 August 2011

Eternal by Gillian Shields


Gillian Shields never disappoints when it comes to the Immortal series and I will be the first to admit when I saw ETERNAL I thought it was a continuation of Evie's story-how her life would be now that Sebastian is no longer part of it, upon later research noticed that it was written from the perspective of Sarah.

I found the ETERNAL to be very insightful, I got to see Evie in a different light and maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall every reading in either IMMORTAL or BETRAYAL where we got a sense of jealousy from her but in this book it seems to be a pretty strong feeling until about halfway. Sarah was always portrayed as the good friend, the one who hides nothing but will be there no matter what and we see how she begins to question that when things start taking a toll.

I found a lot more action, suspense, romance and even loss in this book. There isn't a page in this book that you don't feel someway connected to the story as if that is what you're going through at a moment in time or perhaps even while your reading.
I loved the fact that Gillian went deeper for us to connect with a character that was briefly described in BETRAYAL and I found her story very touching and it added to the suspense at the end of the novel.

Gillian is also introduces a new character and from the word go I got the sense that this person is up to something, but then she says something and I'm thinking she can't be that bad. So for me at the start of her introduction is was a catch 22. I was left questioning a character that I knew was not who she was being portrayed to be, she just couldn't be. Confusion is the name of the game until you hit the last couple of chapters.

If the ending is anything to go by I'm pretty sure that next year this time there will be another tale to be read.

Sarah had a few choices to make in this novel and I think they have made her someone that she can be proud of and there is still plenty room for her to grow :)

I'm ending here before I spoil anything else.

Happy Reading :)

Gillian
xxx

Exclusivebooks.com-Eternal by Gillian Shields

1 comment:

  1. I love the combination of romance, action and suspense sounds really good!


    Tia @ Falling For Books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...