Friday 7 October 2011

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


The wait is finally over :) When the VAMPIRE ACADEMY series ended I was pretty much devastated because I loved the series so much and I couldn't wait for the next installment to be released to see all the crazy things Rose would get up to. When the news broke that Richelle Mead was writing a spin off series I have to admit that I did a little happy dance in front of my laptop-the wait was well worth it :)

Richelle has amazing writing skills and with each book your hooked from the first page right up until the end which for me is pure torture because the next book in the series will only be released next year. For our Adrian fans get ready to see a new side of him that at times was only present when he was around Rose. I'm a huge Adrian fan but I have to admit that he had me laughing, angry and even at one point a little teary. What we didn't see in Adrian in the previous books we will definitely see in BLOODLINES so get ready for the Adrian that you can soak up.

I will be the first to admit that I loved reading the VA series from Rose's perspective, but with BLOODLINES being told from Sydney Sage's point of view it was pretty refreshing. Yes she isn't as tough as Rose but as the story progresses we see how she begins to become her own person. At the end of VA Sydney was in trouble with the Alchemists for helping Rose escape so we see how she still treads lightly around them but will do anything to get back in their good graces.
I'm looking forward to Sydney's self discovery...

One thing that I noticed about Jill is she reminded me a lot of Lissa in VAMPIRE ACADEMY. She's trying to find out where she fits in after the discovery of the last VA and I feel that she is slowly starting to find out who she is and maybe even still coming to terms with the fact that she's royal.

Adrian is amazing in this book. He delivers his usually smooth banter but you can see underneath that he is still recovering in the wake of Rose. One of the proud moments I had with Adrian was when he decided to take control of his own life.

BLOODLINES covers some heavy ground by showing how life lessons, character development and unpaid debts are just a few struggles to overcome. The bond between the four main players, Sydney, Eddie, Adrian and Jill is forming and I can’t wait to see where their journey will lead. VAMPIRE ACADEMY fans will love this series.

Happy Reading :)

Gillian
xxx

Exclusivebooks.com Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...