Saturday 8 October 2011

Witches of East End by Melissa De La Cruz


WITCHES OF EAST END is a pretty quick read that seems almost real enough that it could exsit in the real world which for me is pretty awesome. Some reviews have even stated that the book is suitable for adult readers and i could agree. Melissa doesn't talk down to her readers but instead envelopes in a world filled with romance and mystery.

I rather enjoyed the reference to the classic texts and mythologies. It gave WITCHES OF EAST END a fuller feel with the novel being less than 300 pages. The characters were well rounded and the plot for me was pretty enticing. There was never a moment in the book that I felt that I needed to try brave it to the end.

WITCHES OF EAST END begins Melissa's Beauchamp Family series, and it's a strong start. However, if you are sick of the amount of series out there and just want a stand-alone book, you could simply read the novel and omit the epilogue. The story is great as a stand-alone, and I was happy to leave it at that. However, after reading the epilogue, de la Cruz got me hooked and begging to know what would happen in the next installment. You can bet I'll be reading book two.

Happy Reading :)

Gillian
xxx

Exclusivebooks.com Witches of East End by Melissa De La Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...